Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ramp Festival


Spring brings ramps. What are ramps you may be asking? They are a cross between garlic and leeks. If you like garlic or onions, you will more than likely love them. But they are strong and I saw somewhere that some dentists wont treat patients who have just eaten ramps!

I heard about the festival last year but was unable to attend. But this year I am not only attending but am going to be entering the competition. I plan to make three dishes. Ramps grow wild around here but I've heard that in New York they are becoming a delicacy. The festival is next Saturday April 30 at 11am at the Discovery Center in Deep Creek State Park. So why not make a reservation at Haley Farm next week and try the ramps.

And if you didn't get on the guest list for the Royal Wedding, don't worry. You can come and have tea with the Queen right here at Haley Farm - Queen Elizabeth I, as portrayed by award winning actress Mary Ann Jung. That will be on May 7 - Mother's Day weekend. It promises to be a fun day. You can see details under the Retreats section of the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment