Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The leaves are back

I don't know if you are aware of this but Spring comes late to the Deep Creek area. The trees are nude till mid May and sometimes even later. But I'm happy to report that the leaves are back and the views are breath taking. I simply love the wild flowers and Haley Farm's meadows are covered with buttercups. Ever do that test to see if you like buttercups? I grew up in England and even though I lived in the city when I was a child, we still did this test. I'm sure it proved nothing but I wonder if anyone knew then that there would be so many alternatives to butter!

Anyway Spring is here and I love this season of renewal so much. It reminds me of the phrase "Hope springs eternal". Well for my part it could be Spring is a reminder to Hope. I know that we certainly need to be reminded of hope when so many people in the Midwest are facing disaster. My prayers go out to them.

Back here we are going to be celebrating the Highland Festival this coming Saturday (June 4). If are into Scottish dancing, bagpipes, games, food etc. you will have a ball. If you haven't booked yet and really want to experience this, I will pay for the entrance fee to the festival on Saturday if you book for two or more nights this weekend. So take advantage of this great offer, get out your Tartan or kilt (if you have one) and head out this way. The Gillespie's (my husband's family name) didn't have their own clan, but were affiliated to the McPhersons' I believe. I'll put up a picture in my next blog of the festival. Hope to see you there.

Much Love, Blessings and Hope,

Kam Gillespie

No comments:

Post a Comment